1. COVID-NET hospitalization data are preliminary and subject to change as more data become available. In particular, case counts and rates for recent hospital admissions are subject to lag. As data are received each week, prior case counts and rates are updated accordingly.
2. The discrepancy between the total number of cases identified to date on 'Laboratory-Confirmed-COVID-19-Associated Hospitalizations' (https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/COVIDNet/COVID19_3.html
) and 'COVID-19-Associated Hospitalizations By Age' and the number of cases with information on underlying medical conditions and other characteristics (including race/ethnicity) differs because the underlying conditions and characteristics data are restricted to cases with complete chart reviews. These data will be updated each week as additional chart reviews are completed.
3. The denominator for each underlying medical condition and characteristic is the total number of patients with non-missing data for that condition or characteristic.
4. Pregnancy percentage is calculated using the number of female cases of childbearing age (15 to 49 years) as the denominator.
5. Underlying medical conditions of pregnant women are included when "Adults" and/or "Pediatrics" is selected.